Introducing additive manufacturing into companies means bringing innovation, sustainability and efficiency. In today's cost-developing world, these features are essential; it is crucially important to keep up with innovations and be aware of how to make the right profit from them. This is never easy for any company, from the tiniest to the most successful.
We offer our knowledge to support customers and bring them closer to this industry, allowing them to grow and develop their ideas and business.
Our method of facing AM
Our offerings typically include standard sessions structured to bring our customers closer to the world of additive manufacturing, each of these sessions aims to demystify AM and propose it to customers in the most effective way for their business.
1. Strategic session
Overview of the AM market with a deeper focus on the customer industry, analysis of the factors for success in AM, implications on ESG matters, and integration in the workflow.
2. Commercial session
Journey in the value creation through AM, understanding of advantages of AM and how to explain them to your customers, cost and revenue structures and models overview for effective negotiations, understanding of various technologies speeds and standard lead times.
3. Technical session 1
Explanation of existing and emerging technologies in AM, their use and application in the customer industry and transfer from other industries. Master class on Design and Simulation to learn how to use all potential of AM.
4. Technical session 2
Practical session on how to apply the technology in production integrating it into its pre & post-processing operations and with other existing processes. Clear overview on how to operate according to regulated quality standards.
A journey that starts with training at all levels, from strategic consulting to portfolio screening and the identification of new key applications and convertible components. The path, which is divided into several phases, aims to grasp and learn in detail the benefits of conscious and correct use of technology. At the end of an initial training phase, the production phase begins, from design through to production and functional testing. In this phase, project management is structured and final support for the autonomous use of the technology is provided.
This training trip has multiple objectives such as:
1. To develop a cutting-edge perspective on digital transformation, the factory of the future 4.0 and all its implications in the world of the industry as we know it today.
2. To gain an understanding of the fundamentals of currently available technologies for polymers, metals, and composites.
3. Learn how to select an AM process and material for a specific application.
4. Assess the added value of a part produced by additive technologies, taking into consideration all parameters such as its manufacturing cost, performance, lead time etc.
5. Identify how, when and where AM can create value throughout the product life cycle.
6. Independently evaluate the business case for the possible conversion of a product that was previously made with traditional technologies to Additive Manufacturing
7. Design parts for AM intelligently by leveraging all the tools and knowledge we have available while taking into consideration the specific constraints of each process.
8. Navigate the complex and ever-expanding landscape of additive machines and technologies, as well as materials that are increasing and improving their mechanical properties every year.
When considering implementing additive in your company, you should consider the following questions:
What are the advantages and drawbacks of additive manufacturing?
What are the requirements for successfully implementing additive manufacturing?
After identifying their challenges and goals, companies need to understand what is possible and achievable to add value to products, reduce waste, and improve time to market and supply chain. Overestimating or underestimating an innovative technology such as additive manufacturing can lead to the cancellation of one project and the disappointment of others. To this end, training is a critical success factor for our clients, as it helps ensure realistic additive manufacturing expectations and distinguish between ‘hype and reality.
In addition, understanding how the implementation of additive manufacturing fits into existing core applications and processes is critical to deciding on projects to start that can be carried on without much difficulty. AM involves a business change as well because it includes several changes in business management; it is not just buying a machine or ask to a printing service to produce a part but it is learning a whole process and managing it to make the process reliable and controllable. After answering these questions and identifying their goals, companies laid created the groundwork for a successful implementation. Through an in-depth analysis, you can understand whether 3D printing is suitable for your position and which business model would be most effective for developing the business case.